Atom Business Events respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
The purpose of this statement is to provide information regarding how and why Atom Business Events collects, processes and stores personal data, as well as providing information about your rights in connection with personal information.
How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
1. Where we need to perform the contract we have entered into with you to provide you with our goods or services.
2. Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
3. Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
We may use your personal data for the following:
- To respond to an enquiry you have made about our business or product
- To process your application to attend an event and deliver our services and those of third parties during that event
- To create an event brochure
- To manage our relationship with you and to improve our products or services which may include:
Asking you to leave a review or take a survey
- To monitor and improve our website performance
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that we believe may be of interest to you, based on your job title and business area
How we obtain data
If you have received correspondence from us, we will have obtained your data in one of the following ways:
• You have completed the booking form to attend an Atom Business Event via our online portal
• You have requested information from Atom Business Events by email, telephone or via a contact form on our website
• You or someone else has expressly shared your contact details with us for the purpose of receiving information now and/or in the future
• We have previously met at an event and your business card or contact details were handed to us
• You have previously connected with a member of our team via LinkedIn and discussed our services
• A member of our team has found your business and your contact details via a publicly available source online, believing that your business would genuinely be interested in attending an Atom Business Event, based upon your job function and organisation
Disclosures of your personal data
We may share your personal data with the third parties set out below for the purposes described.
Third parties who are involved in the hosting and staging of our events: typically, this will include an accommodation/catering provider, an exhibition company who assist with the staging of our events and the printer who creates our event brochures.
Third parties who act as external providers of business services to us, for example marketing.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Data security and storage
We have put in place measures to protect the security of your information.
Third parties will only process your personal information on our instructions and where they have agreed to treat the information confidentially and to keep it secure.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
How long will you use my personal data for?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see your legal rights below for further information.
Your rights in connection with personal information
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact us in writing.
Marketing emails from us will always include the option to unsubscribe.